There are numerous resources and devices to help people with low vision enjoy a wide range of activities and hobbies. Some of the national resources are mentioned here. Other local resources may be available as well. Check with your ophthalmologist and vision rehabilitation team to learn more.
Click on the link to get connected online to these resources:
This is a list of some of the categories of resources available on the AAO website link:
- Information About Low Vision in Children
- Audio Books and Magazines, Available by Mail or by Downloading to a Device
- Large Print Materials and Visual Devices
- Technologies: Computers, Cell Phones, Video Magnifiers
- National Organizations for Support, Information and Research Updates
- Vision Rehabilitation Self-Help Materials
- Pediatric and Youth Resources
- Camps and Organizations
Locate Vision Rehabilitation Services Near You
- VisionAware™ https://visionaware.org/
- Veterans – Veterans can receive services and devices free of charge.